Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Perfect Thyme Skillet Potatoes
These Thyme Skillet Potatoes are crispy on the outside and incredibly creamy on the inside. Prepared in a skillet in under 30 minutes, these little beauties make for a perfect side dish for any meal of the day!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 2 lb baby potatoes cut in half
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
In a large 12 inch skillet heat the olive oil and butter until melted over medium heat.
When the oil is hot, add the chopped thyme, and stir. This will help infuse the thyme aroma into the oil.
Arrange the potatoes in the skillet, with the cut side down and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are brown and crisp.
Turn the potatoes over and cover the skillet with a lid. Continue cooking over medium heat for another 8 to 10 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender. Season with salt and pepper.
Remove from skillet and serve.
- I used a Lodge brand cast iron skillet for this recipe.
- You can store your thyme potatoes for up to 1 week in a sealed airtight container. Cooked potatoes also freeze really well too! If you store them in an airtight container they will last in the freezer from 10 - 12 months.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 305mg | Potassium: 965mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 258IU | Vitamin C: 47mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 2mg