Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Chicken in White Wine Sauce with Mushrooms
This Chicken in White Wine Sauce with Mushrooms is a simple yet very elegant dish featuring boneless skinless chicken breasts in a delicious creamy mushroom sauce made with white wine and cream.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 lb chicken breasts boneless and skinless, cut in half lengthwise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 12 oz white mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- parsley for garnish
Add the butter to a large skillet and melt over medium high heat.
Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper. Place chicken breasts in skillet and cook on both sides, about 5 min per side or until no longer pink inside. Remove chicken from skillet.
Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook for a couple minutes until onion is translucent and soft. Add mushrooms and stir. Season mushrooms generously with salt and pepper. Let cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. When mushrooms are cooked to your liking sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms and stir. Add wine and cook off the wine for a couple more minutes. Add half and half, stir and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally or until sauce reduces a bit and thickens.
Garnish with parsley and serve hot.
- This chicken and mushroom dish could be served over noodles or rice, or just enjoyed on its own with a nice crusty bread.
- Half-and-half, is a simple blend of equal parts whole milk and light cream. It averages 10 to 12% fat, which is more than milk but less than light cream.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 350kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 121mg | Sodium: 176mg | Potassium: 867mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 535IU | Vitamin C: 6.7mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 1mg