Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms
These Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms are so easy and quick to prepare. They make for the perfect appetizer or snack, it's like eating pizza without all those carbs.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 12 to 15 large mushrooms cleaned and stems removed
- 2 mini pepperoni links sliced
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 fresh basil leaf chopped
Preheat oven to 450 F degrees.
If you're using a cast iron skillet spray it with cooking spray. Arrange the mushrooms in the skillet.
Fill each mushroom with about 1 to 2 tsp of pizza sauce. Top each mushroom with 1 to 2 tbsp of mozzarella cheese, then with 2 or 3 pepperoni slices.
Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes, or until cheese melts and gets a bit golden on top.
Season with freshly ground black pepper and garnish with basil.
- Your leftovers will last up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge. You can reheat them with a quick zap in the microwave, or in the oven at 400F for 4-10 minutes or until heated through. Just like a regular slice of pizza, these stuffed mushrooms taste awesome cold as well!
- These mushrooms won't freeze well. The texture mushrooms get after being frozen and thawed is not particularly appetizing.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 3mushrooms | Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 384mg | Potassium: 311mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 256IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 141mg | Iron: 1mg