Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Chicken Milanese Bites
Chicken Milanese Bites - breaded chicken pieces, seasoned with Italian seasoning and fried to a crisp perfection. Super crispy and juicy, served with lemon wedges.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time1 hr
- 1 lb chicken breasts skinless and boneless cut into small 1 inch cubes
- 4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups breadcrumbs or corn flake crumbs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil for frying
In a large Dutch Oven or pot add vegetable oil so that you have at least 1 1/2 inches deep. Heat the oil so that it's around 350 F degrees.
Meanwhile season the chicken with salt, pepper and 1 tsp of Italian seasoning. Set aside.
In a shallow plate add the eggs, heavy cream and another tsp of the Italian seasoning and whisk well.
In another shallow plate add the breadcrumbs with 1 tsp of Italian seasoning and mix.
Finally, add the flour with the last tsp of Italian seasoning to a shallow plate and mix.
Arrange your shallow plates so that you have the flour mixture, egg mixture and finally the breadcrumb mixture. You'll need an empty plate, or I used a baking sheet to place the breaded chicken in.
Dredge the chicken pieces through the flour, then the egg mixture and finally the breadcrumb mixture.
Fry a few pieces of chicken at a time, so that they don't stick together. They should take about 6 to 7 minutes before they're cooked through. You might want to cut into a piece to make sure it's no longer pink inside. Continue frying in batches until done.
Season fried chicken with salt and Italian seasoning, if preferred.
Serve the chicken with lemon wedges.
- If you want crispier chicken bites you use Corn Flake crumbs.
- You can store these fully cooked in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 – 4 days. Feel free to crisp them back up in the oven rather than the microwave when ready to feast and enjoy!
- You can store these in the freezer for up to 1 month if you’d like to prepare these in advance. Just batter the chicken and then lay them on a baking sheet and freeze them, uncooked. Seal in an airtight container once frozen and bake at 425 F degrees for 20 – 25 minutes from frozen when ready to eat.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 596kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 195mg | Sodium: 570mg | Potassium: 637mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 624IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 173mg | Iron: 6mg