Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Chocolate Apple Pie Monkey Bread
Chocolate Apple Pie Monkey Bread - a sweet pull apart bread that tastes like apple pie drizzled with chocolate sauce. It's ooey gooey good and so simple to make.
- 20 Pillsbury biscuits (2 cans, 10 in each can)
- 8 small apples peeled, cored and chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 4 tbsp butter unsalted
- store bought chocolate sauce optional
Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Grease a bundt pan with cooking spray.
Cut each biscuit into quarters, place in a bowl and set aside.
Toss the chopped apples with the cinnamon, brown sugar and lemon juice.
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the apple mixture and cook until softened, for about 5 minutes. Let the apple mixture cool for about 5 minutes.
Add the apples to the bowl with the biscuit quarters and toss well, separating any biscuit pieces that are stuck together. Add this to the prepared bundt pan.
Place the bundt pan in the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for about 10 minutes, then turn the cake out of the pan onto a cake plate and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- Don't store the monkey bread in the fridge, it does far better and stays more moist right on the counter! It will keep covered for 3 - 4 days. You can store it in an airtight container for up to 3 months in the freezer!
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 449mg | Potassium: 233mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 170IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2mg