Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Skinny Thai Chicken Meatballs with Peanut Sauce
Skinny Thai Chicken Meatballs with Peanut Sauce - healthy baked chicken meatballs with Thai flavors and smothered in a sweet and slightly spicy peanut sauce.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Place parchment paper over a baking sheet.
In a medium bowl mix all the ingredients for the meatballs together well. Form the meatballs into small 1 inch balls. Place meatballs on prepared baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes or until done.
In the meantime you can make the sauce. Heat the oil in a medium sauce pan or skillet. Add the red curry paste and cook for a couple minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, stir and cook for about 5 minutes.
Add meatballs to sauce and toss so that the meatballs are fully coated. Garnish with parsley or cilantro.
Serve with a side of mashed potatoes
- Can I use any other type of meat: Any ground meat would work, so feel free to switch it up. You can also combine meats like ground pork and ground beef together.
- Can I fry these: Yes! Heat about a tbsp of oil in a skillet then add the meatballs and fry until golden all around, should take about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Can I make these ahead: Yes! Meatballs usually reheat really well. If you're making these ahead, store the sauce separately in another container in the fridge. Before ready to serve reheat the sauce either in the microwave or in a small saucepan. To reheat the meatballs just reheat them in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes. After everything has been reheated, pour the sauce over the meatballs, garnish and serve.
- Can I freeze these meatballs: Yes! Follow the instructions for making these ahead, and store them in the freezer separately both in an airtight container.
- How do I store leftovers: Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 to 4 days.
- Recipe yields about 24 meatballs.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 389kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 653mg | Potassium: 650mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 19.5% | Vitamin C: 3.4% | Calcium: 6.9% | Iron: 23%