Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Chicken Gloria or Chicken a la Gloria is a comforting chicken and mushroom casserole. A super quick to prepare delicious and mouthwatering casserole dish perfect for a weeknight ready in 1 hour from start to finish.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr
- 1 lb chicken breasts boneless and skinless, cut in half lengthwise (about 3 breasts)
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp butter unsalted
- 8 oz mushrooms fresh, I used cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup sherry wine
- 18 oz cream of mushroom soup 1 can
- 6 slices Swiss cheese or Muenster cheese
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped, for garnish
Preheat oven: Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees.
Season chicken and coat in flour: Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the flour to a shallow dish. Coat both sides of the chicken with flour; shake off excess flour.
Sear chicken: In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Note that the chicken doesn't have to be cooked thoroughly because it will finish cooking in the oven. Transfer chicken to a 13x9 inch baking dish.
Saute mushrooms: Add the butter to the same skillet and melt over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and season a bit with salt and pepper. Cook mushrooms until golden brown. Stir in sherry and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Stir in soup and cook until thoroughly heated.
Assemble casserole: Pour the mushroom sauce over the chicken and top with cheese so that the entire casserole is topped with cheese.
Bake: Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, turn oven to broil and remove foil from dish; broil for a couple minutes to brown the cheese, making sure you don't burn it.
Garnish and serve: Garnish with parsley and serve.
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs can be used as well instead of the chicken breast.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 350kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 941mg | Potassium: 550mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 370IU | Vitamin C: 2.6mg | Calcium: 230mg | Iron: 1.5mg