Add to Collection
Go to Collections
One Pot Chicken and Mushroom Tetrazzini
One Pot Chicken and Mushroom Tetrazzini - a simple but creamy, rich and delicious pasta dish with chicken and mushrooms ready in 35 minutes. Perfect for busy weeknights.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 4 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 chicken breast boneless and skinless, cut into cubes
- 2 cups mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder optional
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 1 cup milk I used 2%
- 8 oz fettuccine or spaghetti, uncooked
- 1/4 cup peas frozen
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped
In a large pot, melt 2 tbsp of butter over medium high heat. Add the chicken cubes and mushrooms. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder for a bit of garlic flavor. Remove the chicken and mushroom from the pot and set aside.
Add the remaining 2 tbsp of butter to the pot and whisk in the flour. Add the chicken broth and milk and whisk. Cook the sauce until it comes to a boil, it should thicken as the flour cooks.
Turn the heat down to low, add the pasta, the chicken and mushrooms back to the pot. Stir well. Cover and cook for 20 to 25 minutes until the pasta is al dente, stirring often to avoid the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pot. After cooking the pasta for 15 minutes add the peas and season with salt and pepper if needed. Remove from heat.
Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top and parsley.
- If you prefer a brown crusty top, after adding the Parmesan cheese place the pot in the oven and bake for 15 minutes at 375 F degrees. Make sure you use an oven safe pot.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 492kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 106mg | Sodium: 521mg | Potassium: 670mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 15.3% | Vitamin C: 9.1% | Calcium: 17.6% | Iron: 13.9%