Add to Collection
Go to Collections
One Pot Chicken and Peas Fettuccine Alfredo
One Pot Chicken and Peas Fettuccine Alfredo - dinner in 30 minutes, it's creamy, it's rich and so cheesy. The beauty of this is that you cook it all in one pot, including the fettuccine.
- 2 chicken breasts boneless and skinless cut into cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 8 oz fettuccine
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 sprig basil
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese grated
Season chicken generously with salt and pepper. Add oil to a Dutch Oven or a medium size pot and heat it over medium high heat. Add chicken and brown it on all sides, but not cooked through.
Add garlic and sauté for a minute until fragrant. Add chicken broth, heavy cream, pasta and basil sprig. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. When pasta is cooked to your liking add frozen peas and cook for 1 more minute. Stir in Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Leftovers: Transfer the fettuccine Alfredo into an airtight storage container and let it cool completely before freezing or refrigerating. You can refrigerate up to 5 days or freeze for up to 1 month. Something to note, you may find a skin texture form over your sauce that resembles a paste-like consistency; this is normal!
- Reheating leftovers: I recommend reheating your leftovers in a pan over low heat. Microwaving may leave your noodles with a too-soft texture and sauce may be greasy rather than creamy.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 826kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 51g | Saturated Fat: 28g | Cholesterol: 232mg | Sodium: 863mg | Potassium: 625mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2631IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 546mg | Iron: 3mg