Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Homemade Slider Buns
These Slider Buns are perfect little mini buns perfect for burgers and small enough that you can eat three of these without feeling guilty. Nothing beats a homemade bun, the aroma of bread baking in the oven, the warm buns, there's nothing better.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Resting time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 45 mins
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp rapid rise yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp margarine or melted butter
- 2 tbsp butter for brushing
Add all ingredients to the bowl of your mixer (excluding the 2 tbsp of butter for brushing). Using the hook attachment, mix everything together on medium low for about 3 to 5 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic and the side of the bowl is clean. The dough should be a bit sticky but manageable. If the dough is too hard or dry add a bit more water, or if it's too sticky add more flour.
Cover the bowl with a clean damp kitchen towel and let the dough rise until doubled in size.
Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Drop the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll it out so that it's about 1/3 inch in thickness. Using a 2 inch cookie cutter, cut the sliders. You should get about 25 sliders from all this dough. Use the leftover dough by kneading it a couple times and rerolling it to a 1/3 inch in thickness. Place the cutout sliders onto the prepared baking sheet leaving a little space in between them, as they will continue to rise.
Cover the buns with a damp kitchen towel and let them rest for another 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
Brush the slider buns with melted butter and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- To speed up the time required for the dough to rise, preheat your oven to 200 for a couple minutes, just until it's warm in the oven. Turn oven off and place your bowl with the dough, covered with the towel. Close the oven door and let it rest until the dough has doubled in size. If the yeast is fresh it should be ready in half hour to an hour.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1bun | Calories: 91kcal | Carbohydrates: 15.6g | Protein: 2.2g | Fat: 2.2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 14mg | Fiber: 0.6g | Sugar: 2.1g