Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Pumpkin Sausage Pasta
This Pumpkin Sausage Pasta is the perfect comforting fall meal! A delicious and creamy sauce with sausage and pumpkin. Not only is this dish super easy and flavorful but it's ready in just 30 minutes.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 lb pasta uncooked
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb Italian sausage mild, casings removed
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg ground or freshly grated
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp oregano dried
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
Cook pasta: Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Darin and set aside.
Brown the sausage: Meanwhile, in a large skillet, or cast iron pot heat the olive oil. Remove the sausage from casings if needed, and brown the sausage in the skillet, breaking it with a wooden spoon to smaller pieces.
Saute the aromatics: Add chopped onion and garlic to skillet and saute 3 to 5 minutes or until the onions are tender.
Create the sauce: Add the nutmeg, cinnamon, bay leaf, oregano, salt, pepper and wine to the skillet. Cook until the wine reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth, pumpkin and heavy cream. Stir to combine until sauce comes to a bubble. Simmer the sauce until it thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove the bay leaf from the sauce.
Finish the dish: Add cooked pasta to the skillet and toss with the sauce over low heat for about a minute. Stir in the parmesan cheese, parsley if preferred, and serve.
- Note: In the video it says Italian seasoning instead of oregano, however either can be used.
- Properly cool the pasta before storing it, so that it will freeze and store evenly. It will stay fresh for 3 – 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge. Frozen pasta dishes will last for 2 – 3 months, just be sure to allow to thaw fully in the fridge before re heating.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 761kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 1042mg | Potassium: 569mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 6777IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 261mg | Iron: 3mg