Add to Collection
Go to Collections
White Chicken Chili
This simple White Chicken Chili is loaded with flavor from delicious cannellini beans, tender chicken and a rich and creamy broth. It's so comforting for a cold night in, yet light enough to enjoy even when the sun is out.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breasts boneless and skinless, cut in small cubes
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cumin ground
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 32 oz chicken broth low sodium or no sodium added (2 containers)
- 42 oz cannellini beans or Great Northern, drained and rinsed (3 cans)
- 4 oz chopped green chiles (1 can)
- 1/2 cup half and half
Using a potato masher or fork, mash one can of the beans until smooth. This will help to make the chili a bit thicker and creamier.
Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the chicken, onion, salt, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, stir and cook until the chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the garlic and cook for another minute.
Stir in the broth and green chiles then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and add the mashed beans, and the other 2 cans of beans. Simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in the half and half cream and cook for an 5 minutes.
Serve topped with cheese, jalapeno peppers, lime and cilantro.
- Leftovers will last 3-4 days in the fridge. Let it cool down fully in the pot before transferring to an airtight container and refrigerating. You can reheat either in the microwave, or on the stovetop over medium heat.
- This recipe is perfect for freezing! It'll last 4-6 months frozen. You can freeze in individual servings, or all in one large container.
Calories: 327kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 738mg | Potassium: 503mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 331IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 242mg | Iron: 5mg