Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Tex Mex Breakfast Wraps (Freezer Friendly)
These Tex Mex Breakfast Wraps are perfect to prep over the weekend and have breakfast for the whole week. They're loaded with beef, hash brown potatoes, black beans, eggs, lots of cheese and Tex Mex flavors!
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time55 mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder mild
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 14.5 oz fire roasted tomatoes (1 can)
- 8 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper ground
- 14 Flatout flatbreads
- 2 cups hash brown potatoes frozen
- 1 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
Preheat the oven to 400 F degrees.
In a large skillet add the ground beef, break it up then add the onion, chili powder, cumin, and taco seasoning. Stir well and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until the beef is no longer pink and the onion is translucent. Add the garlic and fire roasted tomatoes and cook for another 3 minutes or until all liquid is gone. Transfer to a bowl. Drain the fat if any.
Wipe the skillet with a paper towel. Add the eggs, season with salt and pepper and gently whisk until they start to set and are cooked. Transfer to a bowl.
Assemble the wraps by layering ingredients on the flatbreads. Start with about 1 or 2 tbsp of hash brown potatoes, a couple tbsp of beef mixture, 1 tbsp of black beans, 2 tbsp scrambled eggs, 2 tbsp cheese and cilantro, then roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining ingredients. You should have enough ingredients for about 14 wraps.
Place the rolls seam side down onto a large baking sheet and bake 10 to 15 minutes until heated through and the cheese has melted.
* TO FREEZE: After the wraps are done baking, let them cool completely. Wrap each breakfast wrap tightly in parchment paper, then place them all in ziploc bags. I used the large ziploc bags and was able to fit about 4 wraps per bag. Freeze up to 1 month. To reheat, you can either microwave each wrap in parchment paper for about 5 minutes, or bake them (parchment paper removed) for about 30 minutes at 400 F degrees.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Serving: 1wrap | Calories: 349kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 146mg | Sodium: 468mg | Potassium: 361mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 545IU | Vitamin C: 4.1mg | Calcium: 164mg | Iron: 3.3mg