Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Maple Mustard Roasted Turkey Thighs
These Maple Mustard Roasted Turkey Thighs are super juicy, delicious and a great alternative for roasting a whole turkey. Perfect not just for Thanksgiving dinner but for any weekend supper.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time2 hrs
Total Time2 hrs 20 mins
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted
- 1 tsp rosemary fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp thyme fresh, chopped
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 turkey thighs bone in w/ skin, washed and dried (about 2-3 lb)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 large onion chopped
- 5 stalks celery chopped
- 5 carrots chopped
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 2 sprigs thyme
Preheat your oven to 350F.
In a small saucepan add the butter and melt over medium high heat. Add the rosemary, thyme, smoked paprika, dijon mustard, maple syrup and stir. Bring to a boil then remove from heat.
Score the skin of the turkey thighs. Season your turkey thighs with salt and pepper. Pour about 3/4 of the maple/mustard mixture over the thighs and toss.
Add the water to a roasting pan, then add the onion, celery, carrots, rosemary, and thyme. Place a roasting rack in the pan.
Place the turkey thighs, skin side up, on the rack and brush with remaining maple/mustard glaze.
Roast for 2 hours or until the internal temperature reads 175-180F, basting every 30 minutes with the juices from the pan.
Remove from the oven and cover the thighs with aluminum foil. Let them rest for 10 minutes before slicing them.
- My turkey thighs were quite big, so one was big enough to feed 2 people. If thighs are smaller then check the internal temperature after about 1.5 hours.
- You can always cook more turkey thighs if looking to serve more people.
- You can strain the remaining liquid through a sieve and drizzle it over the turkey, or use it to make a gravy with it.
Store leftover turkey in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
Freeze this stored in airtight containers for up to 3 months!
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 633kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 171mg | Sodium: 1861mg | Potassium: 1116mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 14205IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 131mg | Iron: 4.5mg