Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Instant Pot Pasta e Fagioli
This Pasta e Fagioli is a classic peasant soup loaded with veggies and pasta, delicious, hearty and loaded with Italian flavors! Best of all it's made in an Instant Pot and ready in only 30 minutes from start to finish!
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp chili garlic sauce or hot sauce
- 1 tbsp rosemary fresh, chopped
- 15.5 oz cannellini beans (white kidney beans), drained and rinsed
- 5 oz pasta such as rotini, gemelli, or elbow macaroni
- 14 oz diced tomatoes
- 4 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 2 bay leaves dried
- 1 parmesan rind optional
Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. (See your manufacturer's guide for detailed instructions on how to use your instant pot.)
Add the olive oil to the instant pot and let it heat for a few seconds, then add the onion, celery, carrots and garlic. Stir and saute for about 1 minute until the onion softens a bit.
Add the remaining ingredients to the instant pot and stir.
Close the lid (follow the manufacturer's guide for instructions on how to close the instant pot lid). Cook on high pressure (Manual setting) for 3 minutes.
Once the Instant Pot cycle is complete, wait until the natural release cycle is complete, should take about 10 minutes. Follow the manufacturer's guide for quick release, if in a rush. Carefully unlock and remove the lid from the instant pot.
Remove the Parmesan rind, then garnish with parsley, Parmesan cheese and serve warm.
- What is an Instant Pot: An IP is a multi-cooker, it's like seven different appliances all in one! It does the job of a slow cooker, pressure cooker, rice cooker, steamer, yogurt maker, etc.
- I don't have an Instant Pot, can I still make this: Yes! Follow the same instructions by adding the ingredients to a soup pot, and cooking for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked to your preference.
- Nutrition: Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 597mg | Potassium: 340mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2665IU | Vitamin C: 7.8mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 2.4mg