Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Italian Pasta Salad
This Italian Pasta Salad is what everyone needs in their go-to recipe arsenal for quick and easy recipes ideal for a potluck, picnic or any other summer get-togethers. It's healthy, it's fast, super easy to make, delicious and bursting with flavor.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 1 lb pasta such as penne, elbow, fusilli or rotini
- 1 large green bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half or quartered
- 8 oz salami thickly sliced or cut in small pieces
- 8 oz bocconcini mini, or cut in half or quarters if using regular size bocconcini
- 1/2 medium red onion finely chopped
- 8 oz spicy salami thickly sliced or cut in small pieces
- 8 oz Monterey Jack cheese cut in small cubes
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped
- 2 tbsp oregano fresh, chopped (or 1 tbsp dried oregano)
- 2 tbsp basil fresh, chopped (or 1 tbsp dried basil)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp pepper or to taste
Cook pasta: Cook the pasta according to the package directions. For 1 lb of pasta you will need about 2 gallons of liquid, also make sure to salt your water well, at least 2 tbsp of salt. After you drain the pasta do not rinse it, if anything add a little olive oil to it to prevent it from sticking together.
Combine salad ingredients: Toss all the pasta salad ingredients together.
Prepare salad dressing: In a small bowl or jar add all the dressing together and whisk well. If using a jar, put the lid on and close it, then shake well. You want the dressing to emulsify a little bit, this will ensure the pasta will absorb the dressing.
Toss and serve: Pour the dressing over the pasta and toss well. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Cheese: I used mini bocconcini, but regular mozzarella cut in cubes can be used as well. Another alternative to Monterey Jack cheese could be a marble jack cheese, or a sharp cheddar cheese.
- Leftovers: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days. This salad is even better the next day.
- Nutrition: This salad will yield about 15 cups, so nutritional information is based on a little over a cup per serving. Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 512kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 1159mg | Potassium: 307mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 7.6% | Vitamin C: 19.2% | Calcium: 24.2% | Iron: 9.5%