Add to Collection
Go to Collections
This Cheesecake Recipe is the only recipe you'll ever need for Cheesecake. A dreamy, decadent, rich, smooth and utterly delicious cheesecake topped with cherry topping! This really is what cheesecake dreams are made of!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 hr 20 mins
Total Time1 hr 35 mins
- 2 cup graham crackers
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted, melted
- 40 oz cream cheese softened, at room temperature (5 packages of 8 oz each)
- 1 cup sugar granulated
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 19 fl oz cherry pie filling (1 can)
Preheat oven to 325 F degrees.
Add the graham crackers to a food processor and pulse a few times until crumbs form. Add the melted butter and pulse a few more times. Transfer the crumb mixture to a 9-inch springform pan and press firmly onto the bottom of the pan. Use a measuring cup to firmly press the crumbs into the pan, it's much easier.
Place the pan into the preheat oven and bake for 10 minutes.
Beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour, and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth and there are no visible clumps. Mix in the sour cream.
Add the eggs, one at a time and mix on low speed until well blended. Do not over mix. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and remix as necessary. Pour this batter over the baked crust.
Make a water bath: The prevent the cheesecake from leaking, wrap the bottom of the springform pan with aluminum foil. Cut two long pieces (about 20 inches) of foil and place them on top of each other perpendicularly. Place the springform pan on top of the foil and fold up and crimp the sides to cover the bottom of the pan. (See video)
Place the springform pan into a larger roasting pan and fill the pan halfway with boiling water, make sure it doesn't go over the foil.
Transfer the big roasting pan into the oven and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. To check if the cake is done, shake the pan and the cake should pretty much be set, except for the center which should still jiggle slightly.
Turn off the oven and leave the oven door open. Let the cake cake cool in the oven until it comes to room temperature. This should prevent cracks.
Once the cake is cooled completely, refrigerate for at least 4 hours to overnight. This helps the cake set.
Top the cheesecake with the cherry pie filling. Slice and serve.
- You won't be able to use an 8-inch springform pan since there is too much batter and it won't fit, but you can use a 10-inch or a 9-inch.
- Store your cheesecake in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, wrapped with plastic. If you have an airtight container, it will last up to 5 days.
- To freeze cheesecake, it's best to freeze individual slices. Wrap individual slice in plastic wrap or foil then place them in a ziploc bag. Place the ziploc bag in the freezer. Cheesecake will last up 3 weeks in freezer. You can also freeze an entire cheesecake, wrapped properly and it will last up to 6 weeks.
- Thaw cheesecake overnight in the refrigerator.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 382kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 443mg | Potassium: 269mg | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 800IU | Vitamin C: 1.4mg | Calcium: 142mg | Iron: 1mg