Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
This Strawberry Rhubarb Pie is simply the best. Sweet and tart, this pie is perfect for your summer get togethers. Incredibly easy to make, this Strawberry Rhubarb Pie is finger-licking good and is sure to impress all your guests!
- 1 pie crust whole recipe for top and bottom
- 4 cups rhubarb stalks cut small 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 cups strawberries cleaned and chopped small
- 1 cup sugar granulated
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg for egg wash
Prepare The Filling: To a large bowl add the strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, tapioca flour, orange zest and salt. Toss everything together well then allow the filling to rest for 15 to 30 minutes before baking, for the tapioca to soften.
Craft your crust: After removing your home made or store bought crust from the fridge you’ll want to allow it to rest for up to 10 minutes, this will make it easier to roll out. Once it’s softened you’ll want to flour your rolling pin, to prevent the dough from sticking, and get to work. Each disc will need to be 1/8 of an inch thick. Place the dough gently onto the pie plate before crimping the edges and removing any excess dough.
Assemble your pie: Add the filling to your bottom crust, roll out your top crust in the same way described above and drape it over your pie. Crimp and seal your edges before slicing vents in the top crust with a knife or if you really want to impress, cut into long strips and weave a lattice crust. From there you will brush with your egg wash mixture, making sure to seal the edges.
Bake the pie: Preheat your oven first to 425 F degrees. Add the pie to the oven, on the bottom rack and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350 F degrees and bake for another 45 minutes to an hour or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- The video above is for the pie crust only.
- You can store this pie at room temperature for 2 days, just make sure to cover it with foil or plastic wrap. You can also refrigerate it and it will keep for 4 to 5 days.
- To freeze strawberry rhubarb pie, wrap it tightly with aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap and place in the freezer. It will last 6 to 8 months.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 352kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 190mg | Potassium: 335mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 48.3mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 1.7mg