Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Chicken and Sausage Penne Jambalaya
This Chicken and Sausage Penne Jambalaya is my delicious personal take on a classic recipe, loaded with chicken and Italian sausage that will be ready in only 30 minutes!
- 6 oz chicken breast (1 breast) skinless boneless, cut small pieces
- 1/2 tsp chili powder mild
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 links Italian sausage cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 28 oz diced tomatoes (1 can) juice included
- 1 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 8 oz penne uncooked
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 green onions chopped
- 4 sprigs cilantro chopped
Season the chicken with chili powder, salt and pepper.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the chicken and sausage to the skillet and cook for 6 minutes just until the chicken and sausage start to brown.
Add the onion and bell pepper to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes until the onion is translucent. Stir in the garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant.
Add the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, penne and hot sauce to the skillet; stir well.
Cook for 15 minutes until the penne is al dente.
Garnish with green onions and cilantro
- Feel free to substitute the Italian sausage with kielbasa, chorizo or smoked sausage.
- If you don't like cilantro then you can substitute with parsley for garnish.
- This recipe will last well in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 - 4 days. If you'd like to freeze this recipe you may want to only make the sauce and store for up to 3 months, thaw in the fridge over night and make the pasta fresh as needed.
- Please note that nutritional information can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 354kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 743mg | Potassium: 801mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1020IU | Vitamin C: 44.1mg | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 3.2mg