Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Jacked-Up Chicken Scampi
This Jacked-Up Chicken Scampi with Linguine is my fresh take on a classic Italian dish. This chicken scampi bursts with mouth-watering flavors like bright lemon, perfectly al dente linguine and cooked down tomatoes.
- 4 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 lb chicken breast boneless and skinless, cut into small cubes
- 1 onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup white wine I used a dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 12 oz linguine uncooked
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped for garnish
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
Add the onion, garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes to the pot and cook for 5 more minutes, or until the onion begins to soften and becomes translucent.
Add the wine, chicken stock, hot sauce, lemon juice and linguine. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes, or until the linguine is al dente. If you feel that more liquid is necessary, add 1/2 cup of chicken broth at a time until the pasta is cooked to your preference.
Stir in the tomatoes and garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- This is relatively a very spicy dish. To reduce the amount of heat, just cut down the amount of red pepper flakes or hot sauce used.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 663kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 371mg | Potassium: 849mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 683IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 2mg