Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Carne Asada - perfectly marinated flank steak, grilled to perfection, then served in tacos with your favorite toppings! Restaurant quality in the comfort of your own home.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice freshly squeezed
- ½ cup orange juice freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup soy sauce low sodium
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- ½ tsp pepper or to taste
- 2 lb flank steak
In a large ziploc bag combine together the olive oil, lime juice, orange juice, soy sauce, garlic, jalapeno, cumin, chili powder, cilantro, salt and pepper. Reserve 1/4 cup in a bowl and set aside in the fridge. Add the flank steak to the bag, close the ziploc bag and shake the bag around a bit, making sure the steak is covered in the marinade. Place it in the fridge and let it marinate for 2 to 4 hours.
Heat your grill till it gets to about 400 F degrees.
Grill the steak for about 5 to 7 minutes per side or until done to your likeness. Transfer it to a plate and cover it with aluminum foil. Let it rest for about 5 minutes before slicing it into thin strips. If you slice it right away all the juices will come out and you'll end up with a dry steak.
Thinly slice the steak against the grain and serve with remaining reserved marinade.
- Storing leftovers: The cooked carne asada stored in airtight containers will keep for up to 3 days in the fridge. The reserved marinade will last about a week.
- Freezing: You can freeze the marinated steak in an airtight container or in freezer bags for 3 - 4 months, but keep in mind that you don't want to refreeze beef after it's thawed, so prepare wisely! Allow the beef to thaw at room temperature before carrying on with the recipe.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 175kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 381mg | Potassium: 368mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 153IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 2mg