Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Chicken and Corn Chowder
Chicken and Corn Chowder - One pot and less than 30 minutes is all you need to make this delicious and comforting chowder loaded with chicken and corn. We're accomplishing so much down home comfort today, all in one little bowl!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breasts skinless and boneless cubed
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 2 cups milk *
- 2 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 14 oz cream-style corn 1 can
- 14 oz corn kernels 1 can
- 2 tbsp Sriracha sauce **
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded (optional for topping)
In a large Dutch Oven or soup pot heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook the chicken for about 5 to 7 minutes, until cooked through and no longer pink.
To the pot, add the garlic and chopped onion and cook for another 3 minutes until the onion becomes translucent, stirring occasionally.
Season with cumin, salt and pepper, then add the milk and the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add the cream-style corn, corn kernels, Sriracha sauce and stir. Simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Garnish with chopped green onions and cilantro, and serve topped with cheese if preferred.
- * I made this with lactose free milk this time, but you can use any milk 2 or 3% or heavy cream if preferred.
- ** Sriracha is a type of hot sauce made from chili peppers, vinegar, garlic, sugar and salt. You can substitute it with your favorite hot sauce.
- You can use leftover chicken, or a pre-made roast chicken for this recipe.
- Nutritional information does not include cheese.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 316kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 818mg | Potassium: 698mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 355IU | Vitamin C: 10.8mg | Calcium: 187mg | Iron: 1.4mg