Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Beef Teriyaki Skewers
When these Beef Teriyaki Skewers are sizzling on your grill, the aroma will make everyone around you stop what they're doing and come for a taste of these easy to make flank steak skewers with homemade teriyaki sauce.
- 1 1/2 lb flank steak
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 16 inch wooden skewers 12
Cut the flank steak across the grain into 1/4 inch thick slices. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until using.
Place the skewers in enough water to cover them and let them soak for about 10 minutes.
In the meantime, combine all the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and whisk. Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil while whisking. It should thicken. Remove from heat.
Thread the beef onto the skewers. about 2 pieces per skewer. Place the beef skewers on the grill over medium-high heat (350 F to 400 F) and brush generously with the prepared teriyaki sauce on both sides. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side, might be more or less depending on how thick you cut your beef.
Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and parsley, if desired.
- If you're having trouble slicing the steak thin, plate it in the freezer for 10 minutes before hand to make slicing easier.
- You can use any type of steak that you prefer.
- This beef teriyaki recipe can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 – 4 days. The sauce can be stored separately in the fridge and should last for 1 week.
- If you’d like to freeze your cooked beef just freeze in an airtight container. Just allow to thaw overnight in the fridge when ready to eat. The sauce can be frozen indefinitely– perfect for other dishes in the future!
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 915mg | Potassium: 617mg | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 2.9mg