Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Macaroni Salad with Prosciutto
Macaroni Salad with Prosciutto - an incredibly delicious macaroni salad with crispy prosciutto, lots of pickles, roasted red peppers and olives. Perfect for picnics or summer barbecues.
- 12 oz dry elbow macaroni
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 tbsp pickle juice
- 1/4 cup milk I used 2%
- 3 oz prosciutto cooked until crispy, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup olives chopped, I used Kalamata olives
- 6 medium pickles chopped
- 2 roasted red peppers chopped
- 4 green onions chopped
Cook macaroni according to package instructions.
In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Add a bit of pickle juice, as much as you want, milk and whisk well. Add more milk if needed, the dressing should be pourable.
Cook the prosciutto in a skillet until crispy, you shouldn't need to add any oil to the skillet.
In a large bowl, toss together the cooked macaroni, crispy prosciutto, olives, pickles, roasted red peppers, green onions and dressing.
- I used dill pickles for this recipe but you can use whichever type you prefer.
- To get the prosciutto crispy, fry in a pan on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for 3 to 5 days.
Calories: 420kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 1040mg | Potassium: 206mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 261IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1mg