Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Vegan Tofu Breakfast Burritos
What a great way to change up your normal breakfast routine! With these Vegan Tofu Breakfast Burritos you can rest assured that your taste buds will be fully satisfied.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb potatoes cut into small pieces
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 8 spinach tortillas gluten free
- 2 oz vegan cheddar cheese shredded
For Eggless Egg Salad
- 12 oz tofu extra firm
- 1/3 cup vegenaise
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp dill chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the potato cubes and cook for about 7 minutes. Do not stir often, so that the potatoes get a nice golden crust. Add the red onion, garlic and oregano and cook for another 7 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender. Season with salt and pepper as necessary. I also garnished mine with a bit of parsley but this step is optional.
In a large bowl crumble up the tofu using your hands. Add the remaining ingredients for the eggless egg salad and stir well. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper as necessary. Also if you prefer a creamier eggless egg salad add additional vegenaise.
To assemble the burritos, top each tortilla with about 1/2 cup of the potato mash, followed by about 1/2 cup of the eggless egg salad and sprinkle with a bit of cheese. Roll up the burritos and wrap in foil.
Refrigerate leftover burritos wrapped in foil for about 2 to 3 days. You can also heat them up a bit in the microwave before serving.
- Vegenaise can be found in most grocery stores. If it's not with the regular mayo, check the organic aisle.
- Refrigerate leftover burritos wrapped in foil for about 2 to 3 days. You can even freeze these bad boys for up to 1 month as long they're stored in an airtight container or wrapped securely.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 441kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 740mg | Potassium: 435mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 330IU | Vitamin C: 12.7mg | Calcium: 231mg | Iron: 5.4mg