Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Creamy Garlic Butter Scallops with Prosciutto
Creamy Garlic Butter Scallops with Prosciutto - This is the best way to enjoy fresh and succulent scallops; coated in a creamy white wine sauce with prosciutto, lots of garlic and butter.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz scallops about 10 large scallops
- 3 oz prosciutto roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 green onion chopped
Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
In a medium size skillet heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the scallops to the skillet in a single layer and sear them on each side for about 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until it gets slightly golden. Remove the scallops from the skillet to a plate and set aside.
In the same skillet add the chopped prosciutto and fry for about 3 to 5 minutes until nice and crispy. Add the butter and the garlic to the skillet and cook until the butter melts and the garlic becomes aromatic.
Stir in the heavy cream, white wine and season with salt and pepper if necessary. The prosciutto could be a bit salty so there may not be a need for additional salt. Cook for about 2 minutes then add the scallops back to the skillet.
Garnish with fresh parsley and chopped green onion and serve immediately.
- You can substitute some chicken or veggie stock if you don't want to use wine.
- This recipe can also be used for shrimp
- If your scallops have a side-muscle (a little rectangular tag of tissue on the side of the scallop), pinch it with your fingers and tear it away. Don't worry if you can't find it, mine came with the side-muscle already removed.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 556kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 47g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 127mg | Sodium: 1034mg | Potassium: 378mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1012IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg