Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Penne with Prosciutto, Tomatoes and Zucchini
This Penne with Prosciutto, Tomatoes and Zucchini can be on your dinner table in 30 minutes. Crispy bits of prosciutto, zucchini and blistered cherry tomatoes is what makes this penne incredibly delicious.
- 8 oz penne pasta or any other pasta such as bowties or elbow
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 oz prosciutto roughly chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 medium zucchini quartered lenghtwise and sliced
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 oz parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
Cook the penne according to package directions and drain.
Meanwhile heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the prosciutto and cook for about 2 minutes or until crisp. Remove the prosciutto from the skillet and set aside.
Add the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil to the skillet, chopped onion, garlic and red pepper flakes and stir. Cook for about 3 minutes or until the onion is tender.
Add the zucchini to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes then add the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 2 more minutes then remove from the heat.
Stir in the penne, balsamic vinegar, prosciutto, half of the Parmesan cheese and the parsley.
Divide into 4 bowls and garnish with the leftover Parmesan cheese.
- This recipe can be made with any type of small pasta.
- This penne dish is great served both warm or cold.
- This dish will last 3 – 4 days sealed well in the fridge and up to 3 months frozen. It can be microwaved to reheat or heated up right in the oven still frozen.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 430kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 422mg | Potassium: 516mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 735IU | Vitamin C: 30.7mg | Calcium: 127mg | Iron: 1.8mg