Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Sweet and Spicy Korean Meatballs
These Sweet and Spicy Korean Meatballs will change your life. They're made with lean beef, flavored with garlic and Sriracha, baked, no frying and glazed with a spicy apricot glaze.
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs such as Panko
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
In a large bowl, add all the meatball ingredients and mix with your hands to combine. Form the meatballs into small 1 inch balls. Place the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until done to your liking.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl whisk together all the glaze ingredients. Add the meatballs and toss well until all the meatballs are glazed.
Garnish with chopped chives if preferred and serve immediately over cooked rice or as an appetizer.
- This recipe will yield about 36 meatballs, but depends on size of meatballs.
- You can use ground chicken, turkey, or pork instead of beef.
- You can use orange marmalade instead of apricot jam if that's more convenient for you.
- You can use gochujang instead of sriracha.
- Nutritional information is per meatball.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1meatball | Calories: 35kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 143mg | Potassium: 77mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg