Add to Collection
Go to Collections
All the flavors of traditional Lasagna, in soup form! This Lasagna Soup comes together in just over 30 minutes, making it perfect for those times when you're craving lasagna, but lack the time.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 large onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 28 oz diced tomatoes (1 can) or diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 cups chicken broth (low sodium) or water
- 8 oz mafalda pasta
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded, or grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
Cook Pork: Start by browning the ground pork in a Dutch oven or large soup pot, over medium heat. Add salt and pepper over the meat, season as you go. Next add the chopped onions and continue cooking until the onion is translucent and soft, about 5 minutes.
Add Ingredients: Add the garlic, oregano and and basil to the pot and stir. Cook for 2 more minutes, then add the hot sauce, tomato paste and cook until the tomato paste turns brownish in color. Add the can of diced tomatoes, bay leaves and water or chicken broth. Taste for seasoning and season with salt and pepper as needed.
Add Noodles: Add the mafalda pasta and cook for another 20 minutes or until the pasta is cooked al dente or to your liking.
Serve: To serve this scoop a couple ladles in a bowl and sprinkle with mozzarella or Parmesan cheese, then garnish with fresh parsley. Alternatively you can top the soup with mozzarella cheese and place it under the broiler for a couple minutes until the cheese melts and starts to brown a bit.
- If you can't find mafalda pasta, any small shapes such as farfalle, rotini, or penne would work. Egg noodles would be great as well.
- You can use ground chicken, turkey, or beef for this recipe. Use a bit of olive oil to cook the turkey/chicken if that's what you use.
- Make sure to use tomato PASTE, not tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle all the mozzarella cheese over the soup once it's done right in the pot. This will give you melty cheese pulls in every bite.
- Store leftover lasagna soup in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 493kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 722mg | Potassium: 996mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 485IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 208mg | Iron: 4mg