Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Leftover Ham and Cheese Penne
Leftover Ham and Cheese Penne - incredibly creamy and cheesy penne loaded with ham and peas, perfect use of that leftover ham from your holiday dinner.
- 1 pound penne uncooked
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cups ham cooked, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated (optional)
Cook the penne al-dente according to package instructions.
In a large pot, melt the butter with the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and saute for about 5 minutes until the onion softens.
Add the ham to the pot and cook for about 8 minutes until the ham starts to brown slightly.
Stir in the chicken broth and heavy cream, then season with salt and pepper. Add the cheeses and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring, until the cheese melts.
Add the pasta, peas, stir and cook for a couple more minutes.
Garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- You can use any type of pasta that you have in your cupboard. Preferably small types like farfalle, shells, rotini, etc.
- Use milk or 10% cream instead of heavy cream if you'd like to cut down on calories.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. If freezing allow the dish to cool fully in a shallow container before placing in the freezer.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 762kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 128mg | Sodium: 1205mg | Potassium: 455mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1550IU | Vitamin C: 4.4mg | Calcium: 383mg | Iron: 2.2mg