Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Apple Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops
Apple Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops with blue cheese - thick cut, juicy pork chops cooked to perfection and loaded with an incredible apple, bacon and blue cheese stuffing.
- 4 pork chops
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- 1 large shallot chopped
- 1 apple peeled cored and sliced small
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup blue cheese crumbled
Preheat Oven: Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
Season Pork Chops: Cut a pocket in each pork chop. Season each pork chop with salt, pepper and rub them with the rosemary. Set aside.
Cook Bacon: Cook bacon in a large ovenproof skillet. Reserve 1 tbsp of bacon fat in the skillet, and another tbsp for later, discard the rest.
Make Stuffing: Add the shallot and apple to the skillet with the and fry until apple softens. Add garlic and continue cooking for another minute. Turn off heat, add blue cheese to skillet and stir.
Stuff Pork Chops: Spoon stuffing into each pork chop envelope.
Cook: Add remaining bacon fat to skillet and heat. Place pork chops in skillet and cook on each side until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Place skillet in preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or the chops reach an internal temperature of 150°F or 65°C with an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a pork chop.
- You can prep and stuff your pork chops the night before cooking - just store them covered in the fridge. Another option is keeping your pre-stuffed chops in the freezer, they should last for up to 4-6 months when properly stored.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the coldest part of the fridge. Your leftover pork chops will keep for 4-5 days.
Serving: 1chop | Calories: 420kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 565mg | Potassium: 678mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 232IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 148mg | Iron: 1mg