Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Ready for a quick and healthy lunch? These Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps with hoisin sauce, are loaded with flavor and ready in 15 minutes, start to finish!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thinly
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 cup cabbage shredded or coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 5 leaves basil chopped
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce cut into half
Add olive oil to a large skillet and heat until oil is very hot. Add ground chicken and cook until no longer pink and starts to brown, break it up with a wooden spoon as necessary. Should take about 3 minutes.
Add red curry paste, ginger, garlic, peppers, coleslaw mix, and stir-fry for another 3 minutes. Add hoisin sauce and green onions, and toss. Remove from heat then add basil and toss.Transfer cooked chicken to a bowl.
Serve by placing spoonfuls of chicken into pieces of lettuce, fold lettuce over like small tacos, and eat.
- While you're not going to want to assemble your wraps ahead of time, you can certainly get your chicken and sauce prepared before hand. If planning to use within the next day or two, once cooked the chicken can be refrigerated up to 3 days, however putting it in the freezer will extend its shelf life up to to 3 months. Then whenever you're ready for them, all you need is the lettuce!
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 502mg | Potassium: 815mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2620IU | Vitamin C: 43.9mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 2mg