Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Lemon Magic Cake
Lemon Magic Cake - One simple batter that transforms into a 3 layer cake - pure magic. The ever popular magic cake, now in lemon flavor!
- 4 eggs at room temperature, separate yolks from whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted, melted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup milk lukewarm
- 1/4 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- powdered sugar for dusting cake
Preheat oven to 325 F degrees. Grease a 8 inch x 8 inch baking dish or line it with parchment paper.
Separate eggs and add the egg whites to a mixer and mix until egg whites are stiff. Place egg whites in a bowl and set aside.
Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until light. Add butter and vanilla extract and continue beating for another minute or two after which you can add the flour and mix it in until fully incorporated.
Add lemon juice and lemon zest then slowly start adding the milk and beat until everything is well mixed together. Add the egg whites, a third at a time and gently fold them in using a spatula or a whisk, repeat until all egg whites are folded in, but there should still be white bits of egg whites floating in the batter.
Pour batter into baking dish and bake for 40 to 70 minutes or until the top is lightly golden and the cake is firm to the touch. The baking time could vary greatly depending on the oven, so take a peek at around 40 minutes and see how it looks.
Sprinkle some powdered sugar after cake has cooled.
- Store leftover magic cake in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 50mg | Potassium: 108mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 498IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 1mg