Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Lemon Chicken Piccata
Lemon Chicken Piccata - a simple yet super impressive chicken piccata in a tasty lemon, butter and capers sauce. Perfect with pasta for a quick and delicious dinner.
- 2 chicken breasts skinless and boneless, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour for dredging
- 4 tbsp butter unsalted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup white wine dry
- 1/4 cup capers brined
- 1/3 cup parsley fresh, chopped
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
In a large skillet melt 2 tbsp of butter with the olive oil, over medium to high heat.
Add chicken pieces to the skillet and cook for about 3 to 4 min per side until browned. When chicken is cooked, remove chicken from skillet.
Remove skillet from heat. Add lemon juice, chicken stock or wine, capers and scrape up the brown bits from the pan for extra flavor. Return skillet to heat and bring to a boil. Taste the sauce and season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Add chicken back to skillet and simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove chicken to a platter and add remaining butter and whisk for about a minute. Sauce will thicken a bit.
You can return chicken to skillet and garnish with parsley. Alternatively you can pour the sauce over the chicken and garnish with parsley.
- Chicken stock would be a good substitute for the white wine.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1chicken piece | Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 520mg | Potassium: 278mg | Vitamin A: 810IU | Vitamin C: 15.7mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1.2mg