Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Easy Shrimp Fried Rice
You can forget take-out with this Easy Shrimp Fried Rice! Make your own fried rice at home, so much better and much healthier. A quick and easy Asian inspired recipe perfect for busy weeknights and ready in 30 minutes.
- 4 cups long grain rice cooked and chilled, I used Basmati
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 small carrot chopped
- 1/2 cup peas frozen
- 1/4 cup soy sauce low sodium
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
Season the eggs with a bit of salt and pepper. Add 1 tbsp of the olive oil to a pan and heat it over medium high heat. Add the beaten eggs to the pan and cook for about 1 to 2 min. Flip them over and cook for 1 minute. Remove the eggs from pan and set aside.
Add the other tbsp of olive oil to the pan and heat. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and add to the pan. Cook the shrimp about 2 to 3 min per side, or until the shrimp starts to get golden. Remove the shrimp from the pan.
Add the sesame oil to the pan and heat. Add the chopped onion, bell pepper and carrot to the pan and saute for about 5 minutes until the onion is translucent and the carrots soften up. Add the frozen peas and season a bit with salt and pepper.Cook for 2 more minutes until the peas are no longer frozen and cook a bit.
Chop the omelette into small thin pieces.
Add the cooked rice to the pan, add the soy sauce over the rice. Throw in the shrimp and chopped egg. Toss everything together and cook for a couple more minutes then serve.
- Store leftovers in an an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- To freeze, store it in airtight containers or freezer bags and freeze for up to 2 or 3 months. When ready to serve again, simply thaw it and throw it in a skillet for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 484kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 367mg | Sodium: 1462mg | Potassium: 366mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2455IU | Vitamin C: 37.9mg | Calcium: 215mg | Iron: 3.8mg