Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Cheese and Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken Breasts
These Stuffed Chicken Breasts are an impressive dish for a Sunday night dinner or a Holiday. These breasts are stuffed with cheese, prosciutto, basil and sun dried tomatoes. Totally delicious chicken rolls with a surprise filling.
- 2 chicken breast skinless and boneless
- 1/4 cup cream cheese I used spreadable garlic and herb cream cheese
- 4 slices prosciutto thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 6-12 leaves basil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
Preheat oven: To 450 F degrees.
Prepare the chicken: Flatten the chicken breasts using a meat mallet to pound them until they are about 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch in thickness.
Assemble the chicken breasts: Spread 1/2 of the cream cheese on each chicken breast. Top with basil leaves, then 2 slices of prosciutto on each breast and a tbsp of chopped sun-dried tomatoes on each breast. Carefully roll up the breasts and secure with toothpicks. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook the chicken: Heat the olive oil in an oven proof skillet and brown the chicken, placing first with seam side down until just slightly golden brown. You may need to remove toothpicks to brown on all sides. Place skillet in oven and bake chicken for an additional 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
Finish the dish: Remove chicken from skillet onto a cutting board, discard toothpicks and wait about 15 minutes before slicing each chicken breast. To double the recipe simply double all the ingredients.
- Storing in the fridge: Store leftover chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
- Storing in the freezer: Freeze this stored in airtight containers for up to 3 months! Allow to thaw overnight in the fridge before heating back up in the oven, on the stove, or on the microwave.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1breast | Calories: 394kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 681mg | Potassium: 695mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 322IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 1mg