Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Mango Dipping Sauce
Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Mango Dipping Sauce - juicy jumbo shrimp rolled in sweetened shredded coconut, fried to a delicious crisp and served with an incredible spicy mango dipping sauce.
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp tails on
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sweetened coconut shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegetable oil for frying
For Spicy Mango Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 mango cubed, about 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro
Make the dipping sauce first by adding all the ingredients to a blender and blend for 1 minute or 2 until the sauce is smooth. Refrigerate the sauce until shrimp is ready for serving.
Fill a Dutch oven or a deep frying pan with vegetable oil, about 1 1/2 inches deep and heat.
While the oil is hot, prepare 3 shallow plates. Add the breadcrumbs to one plate, beat the eggs with salt and pepper in another plate and place the shredded coconut in the 3rd plate.
Dredge the shrimp through the breadcrumbs first, then dip them in the egg mixture, then finally dredge them through the coconut, making sure enough coconut sticks to them. Fry a few at a time about 2 minutes, depends on how hot your oil is, so they don't stick to one another, I did about 4 or 5 at a time, depending on the size of your shrimp. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
Serve the shrimp along with the spicy mango sauce together.
- To bake them preheat your oven to 400 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the breaded shrimp on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, then flip the shrimp over and bake for another 5 minutes or until the breadcrumbs turn golden.
- In the fridge the coconut shrimp will keep for 3 – 4 days in an airtight container, so feel free to make ahead of time but just reheat it in the oven to prevent it from getting soggy. You can freeze the shrimp from this recipe for up to 3 months in an airtight container. Just allow the dish to thaw overnight in the fridge before cooking.
- Store the sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 665kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 379mg | Sodium: 1641mg | Potassium: 362mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 428IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 231mg | Iron: 5mg