Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Baked Spaghetti Casserole
This Baked Spaghetti Casserole is a simple, kid friendly weeknight dinner consisting of all the classic Italian flavors we know and love. Easy to put together and always a crowd favorite.
- 12 oz spaghetti (a package of spaghetti is about 14 oz, I didn't use the whole package but feel free to use it all)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 24 oz spaghetti sauce (1 jar of your favorite kind)
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese (optional)
- parsley for garnish (optional)
Preheat The Oven: Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cook Pasta: Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain but reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water.
Cook Sauce: In a deep skillet or sauce pan cook the ground beef until no longer pink. Add the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, stir and cook until aromatic. Add add the spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, reserved pasta water and stir. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
Bake: Stir in the spaghetti. Spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish, then top with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.
Serve: Garnish with basil or parsley and serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container. Cooked spaghetti will last for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Make sure to refrigerate after eating because bacteria will start to grow. Leftovers should be discarded if left out for more than 2 hours at room temperature.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 389kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 802mg | Potassium: 681mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 650IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 239mg | Iron: 3mg