Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Zucchini Ricotta Galette
This Zucchini Ricotta Galette is made with a creamy three-cheese filling and an incredibly easy buttery pastry made from scratch. While this galette looks gorgeous, it requires just 15 minutes of prep! Perfect for your busy weeknights.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour chilled in the freezer for 30 minutes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 tbsp butter cold unsalted, cut into pieces and chill again (1 stick)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp lemon juice fresh
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 1 large zucchini or 2 smaller ones, sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic minced, roasted, fresh works as well
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup mozzarella mozzarella
- 1 tsp basil dried
- 1 egg yolk for brushing
Make pastry dough: Add the flour and salt to a large bowl and slightly whisk. Cut the butter in pieces and add to the bowl. Using a pastry cutter or two knives cut but butter in until the mixture resembles coarse meal. In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, lemon juice and water and add this to the butter-flour mixture. Using a wooden spoon or your fingers, mix in the liquid until large lumps form. Pat the lumps into a ball; do not overwork the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Prep zucchini: Cut zucchini into thin slices and place over paper towels, sprinkle some salt over the slices and let sit for 30 min so the paper towels soak up all the water.
Prep the cheese: Mix the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and basil. In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil and the garlic together and add 1 teaspoon of the garlicky olive oil to the bowl with the cheeses and season with salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Assemble galette: On a floured work surface, roll the dough out into a 12-14 inch round. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Spread the ricotta mixture evenly over the bottom of the galette dough, leaving a 2-inch border. Shingle the zucchini attractively on top of the ricotta starting at the outside edge. Drizzle the remaining tablespoon of the garlic and olive oil mixture evenly over the zucchini. Fold the border over the filling, pleating the edge to make it fit. The center will be open. Brush crust with egg yolk.
Bake: Bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Wrap leftover galette with plastic or store the slices in an airtight container. This zucchini galette tastes just as delicious cold as it does hot! You can zap it in the microwave or toast it up in the oven, but I like to just pull a piece straight from the fridge and enjoy.
Calories: 372kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 294mg | Potassium: 211mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 889IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 196mg | Iron: 2mg