Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Baked Parmesan Zucchini Sticks
These Baked Parmesan Zucchini Sticks will have your kids begging for even more of their vegetables. Made in just 30 minutes, you can serve these with your favorite dip at parties, as a quick afternoon snack, or even as a side dish with dinner.
- 3 medium zucchini cut in sticks
- 1 cup breadcrumbs I used Panko
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp pepper or to taste
- Ranch dressing optional, for serving
Prep: Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut each zucchini in half width-wise, then cut each half in half lengthwise, then each quarter in half again, so you end up with 8 sticks from one zucchini.
Mix dredge: Beat the egg in a shallow plate. Season the egg with salt and pepper. In another shallow plate mix the Panko breadcrumbs together with the Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
Dredge: Dip each zucchini stick in the egg wash, then roll through the breadcrumb mixture, making sure each stick is fully covered with the breadcrumbs. Place the sticks on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake: Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Serve with ranch dressing or marinara sauce.
- Air Fryer: Simply prepare the as instructed and place them in a single layer in the air fryer. Cook for 10 minutes at 400°F or until crispy.
- If your zucchini seems to have some excess moisture after slicing, you can sprinkle a bit of salt over them and let them sit for 10 minutes. Pat dry with paper towel and continue with the recipe.
- Use one hand to dredge the zucchini in egg, and the other hand for breadcrumbs. This will help you avoid having so many layers of breading accumulating on your fingers.
- Spritz the sticks with a bit of cooking spray before baking them if you'd like some extra golden brown color.
- These will last 2 days stored in an airtight container in the fridge. Make sure to let them fully cool down to room temperature before storing.
- Nutritional information does not include ranch dressing.
Serving: 3sticks | Calories: 98kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 285mg | Potassium: 232mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 226IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 1mg