Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Lemon Yogurt Cake
This Lemon Yogurt Cake is slightly tangy, flavorful, moist and totally delicious. Simple to make and lots of lemon flavor. If you love lemons and lemony desserts, then you'll love this incredible cake.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup yogurt plain, I used greek yogurt
- 1 cups sugar granulated
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp lemon zest from 1 lemon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup sugar granulated
- ⅓ cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a loaf pan with butter or cooking spray.
Make cake batter: In a medium size bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, the sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla, and vegetable oil. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated using a mixer.
Bake: Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Make lemon glaze: Cook the ⅓ cup lemon juice and ⅓ cup sugar in a small saucepan until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Set aside.
When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes. Carefully transfer the loaf to a rack that's placed over a sheet pan. While the cake is still warm, pour the lemon glaze over the cake and allow it to soak in.
Let the cake cool before serving. Sprinkle some powdered sugar over the top or serve with berries. (optional)
- Let the cake cool completely. Store leftovers in a tin or wrapped up in foil or plastic wrap in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
- You can use sour cream in place of the plain yogurt.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Originally shared Nov 2013.
- Recipe adapted from Ina Garten.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 252kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 123mg | Potassium: 154mg | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 80IU | Vitamin C: 3.1mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 1mg