Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Baked Breakfast Taquitos
My Baked Breakfast Taquitos recipe is always a favorite! They're crispy, cheesy, and full of delicious goodness. Best of all, they’re baked! Taquitos for breakfast! Brilliant!
- 1 lb Italian sausage hot, casings removed
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning to taste, optional
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 6 eggs
- 16 small flour tortillas whole wheat or white
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 tbsp butter melted
Prepare oven and baking sheet: Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Lightly butter a baking sheet with the melted butter, I used a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Cook sausage and veggies: In a large skillet add the sausage and cook until it's is no longer pink. Drain excess grease if preferred. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is soft. Add peppers and cook for another minute. Season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
Cook eggs: In a bowl whisk the eggs together, then pour over the pork mixture and cook until eggs are scrambled.
Assemble taquitos: Lay a tortilla flat and top with a couple tablespoons of the mixture then top with some cheddar cheese, about a tbsp or two. Tightly roll up the tortilla and place it in the baking dish. Brush with melted butter. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Bake: Bake for about 15 minutes or until tortillas are golden and crispy.
Serve: Serve with salsa and/or sour cream.
Storage: Taquitos are best served while still warm. If you do have leftovers store them in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 5 days. They will get soggy, so to reheat them, place them in a preheated oven at 400 F degrees for about 10 minutes or until heated through and they start to crisp up again.
Freezing: These taquitos are perfect for make ahead and for freezing. Here's how you freeze them.
Nutrition: Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Bake them for 10 minutes then let them cool completely, then spread them on a cookie sheet in a single layer and place this baking sheet in the freezer.
- After the taquitos have frozen, should take about 1 or 2 hours, move them to freezer bags or an airtight container. The flash freezing is required so the taquitos don't stick to one another. Place them in the freezer and freeze for 2 to 3 months.
- When ready to bake, remove them from the freezer and place them on a baking sheet frozen. Bake at 400 F degrees for another 10 minutes or until heated through and crispy.
Serving: 1taquito | Calories: 272kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 517mg | Potassium: 177mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 385IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 1.8mg