Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Baja Spinach Dip
Even if you are no fan of spinach, you will want to indulge in this incredibly delicious Baja Spinach Dip recipe. It's cheesy, it's spicy, it's phenomenal!
- 6 ounce spinach fresh
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped
- 14.5 ounce diced tomatoes (1 can)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce such as Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 3 cups Mexican Blend cheese shredded
In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 inch of water to a boil. Add spinach; cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until wilted. Drain well and squeeze out the water from the spinach if necessary.
In a large oven safe skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the chopped jalapeno and stir.
Stir in tomatoes, hot sauce, lime juice and cream cheese until blended. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Add the cooked spinach, 2 cups of the cheese and stir.
Top the dip with the remaining 1 cup shredded cheese. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until bubbling and slightly browned.
Serve warm with chips.
- I used sriracha for this recipe, but you can use any hot sauce that you prefer.
- You can leave out the jalapeno if you don't want it to be spicy.
- You can add more jalapeno, or substitute it with any type of pepper you like best.
- If you don't have an oven safe skillet, you can transfer this tip to an 8" baking dish or individual sized ramekins. Reduce the cook time to 15 minutes if you use ramekins.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 328kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 841mg | Potassium: 404mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 4005IU | Vitamin C: 14.9mg | Calcium: 489mg | Iron: 1.7mg