Add to Collection
Go to Collections
My homemade Apple Fritters are pure comfort. These fritters will perfectly satisfy your sweet tooth. They're ready in minutes with a simple batter that whips together in seconds!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted, melted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 medium apples peeled, cored and cut into small pieces
- canola oil or vegetable oil, for frying
- powdered sugar for dusting, optional (same as icing sugar or confectioners sugar)
Heat oil: Heat a large pot of vegetable oil to 375 F degrees.
Make batter: In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients together; the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In another small bowl, whisk eggs and the sugar together first, then add in the butter, milk and vanilla extract.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir using a wooden spoon or a spatula. Fold in the apples so that everything is well incorporated.
Fry fritters: Take a large cookie scoop and very carefully drop balls of batter directly into the hot oil. It’s best to let them drop slowly and as closely to the oil as you can to avoid splashes. Use a chop stick or skewer to flip the fritters once they’ve browned. Keep a close eye on them! Should take 2 to 3 minutes.
Use a slotted spoon to remove the apple fritters from the oil, and work in batches as to not over crowd the pot. Repeat with remaining batter.
Serve: Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm.
- Recipe will yield around 30 fritters, depends on size though.
- I used Granny Smith apples for this recipe. Honey crisp would also work. These types of apples are great because they don’t get mushy and are able to hold their form after frying!
- Wherever you keep these apple fritters, make sure to store them in an airtight container so they don’t dry out. They will last 2 days at room temperature, 1 week in the fridge, and 2-3 months in the freezer. If you freeze them, thaw them by leaving them at room temperature for a few hours until they’re soft.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1fritter | Calories: 89kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 85mg | Potassium: 82mg | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 0.8mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 0.5mg