Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Spinach Artichoke Dip In a Bread Bowl
Classic Spinach Artichoke Dip In a Bread Bowl! An easy, cheesy, crowd pleasing appetizer, made in under 30 minutes! No crackers necessary!
- 8 oz spinach frozen but thawed, drained and chopped (about 1 ¼ cups)
- 14 oz artichoke hearts (1 can) drained and chopped
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 4 oz cream cheese at room temperature (half a package)
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 whole round bread such as sourdough, white, dark, etc.
Preheat Oven: Preheat oven to 400°F.
Mix Ingredients: Mix all the dip ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
Prep Bread Bowl: Using a bread knife slice the top of the bread off. Scoop out the inside of the bread, but do not throw this bread out.
Assemble & Bake: Pour the dip inside the bread and bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the top is golden brown.
Finish & Serve: Cut the leftover bread in smaller pieces and place them around the bread. Use these to dip in the spinach and artichoke dip.
- If you do not like artichokes, just skip them and add a bit more spinach! Even if you're not a fan of the choke, this recipe makes for a fantastic "Spinach Dip" I found out too late that my husband is not a fan of artichokes. Personally, I think the artichokes give this dip a nice sour flavor! I'm on team artichoke.
- Frozen spinach can be used for this, just make sure to thaw and drain really well!
- Leftovers: Remove the leftover dip from the bread bowl and store in an airtight container for 4-5 days in the fridge.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 628mg | Potassium: 219mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 5476IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 256mg | Iron: 1mg