Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Spicy Peanut Noodles
These Spicy Peanut Noodles are extremely simple to make! A fusion of flavors in a dish that can be prepared in under 20 minutes.
- 12 oz asian noodles such as udon, soba, rice noodles
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 3/4 lb chicken breast boneless, skinless, cut into small thin strips
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper cut in slices
- fresh basil
- limes cut in wedges
Cook Noodles - Cook noodles according to package instructions.
Make Peanut Sauce - In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, gochujang, rice vinegar, honey, soy sauce and the water; set aside.
Cook Chicken - Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet or wok then the add chicken to it - cook until no longer pink. Next, add garlic and ginger and sauté with the chicken for 30 seconds until aromatic. Add the red pepper sauté for another minute.
Toss Together - Add noodles and peanut sauce to the wok, remove from heat, and toss well to make sure all the noodles are coated.
Garnish and Serve - Garnish with basil and serve with lime wedges and crushed peanuts if desired.
- Note: there will be lots of sauce in this dish, but the noodles will absorb most of the sauce.
- Store leftover peanut noodles in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. To reheat, just pop it in the microwave or back in a skillet/wok until heated through.
- If you want to keep this dish longer, you can freeze it in an airtight container - just keep in mind it may lose its quality and is best served fresh.
Calories: 701kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 2336mg | Potassium: 689mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 973IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 2mg