Add to Collection
Go to Collections
White Chicken Enchiladas
These White Chicken Enchiladas have the easiest cream sauce you could ever make, super delicious, cheesy, gooey, melt in your mouth enchiladas! Perfect for an easy and quick weeknight meal, ready in a total of 40 minutes start to finish!
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth low sodium or no sodium added
- 4 oz green chiles (1 small can)
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped
Preheat oven and prepare baking dish: Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
Prepare filling: In a medium bowl combine the chicken 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and the enchilada sauce.
Assemble enchiladas: Take a tortilla, top with about ¼ cup of the chicken mixture, then roll it up and place in the prepared baking dish. Continue with all the tortillas until they are all filled and rolled. You should have enough chicken mixture to fill 6 tortillas.
Make sauce: In a saucepan, melt the butter and whisk in the flour. Cook for a minute then add the chicken broth and whisk until smooth. Let it cook until the sauce is thick and bubbly.
Add the sour cream and green chiles to the saucepan and stir. Remove from heat. Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper as necessary.
Pour sauce over enchiladas: Pour the sauce over the enchiladas and top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
Bake: Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until the top starts to brown and the sauce is bubbly.
Garnish and serve: Garnish with parsley or cilantro and serve.
- For the chicken you can use store bought rotisserie chicken, or you can use this recipe to cook the chicken breasts.
- Nutrition: Nutritional information assumes 1 enchilada plus sauce. Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1enchilada | Calories: 374kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 935mg | Potassium: 311mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 935IU | Vitamin C: 5.4mg | Calcium: 258mg | Iron: 1.9mg