Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Sticky Chinese Chicken Wings
Sticky Chinese Chicken Wings – These delectable sweet and savory wings are perfect to the very last bite. Marinated and baked in my tried and true sauce featuring toasted sesame oil, lots of garlic, honey, and hoisin. You won't be able to stop yourself from coming back from more! Truly finger-licking-good.
- 1 tbsp sesame oil toasted
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 inch ginger piece, minced
- 1/4 cup Hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp mirin or Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp five spice powder
- 1 red chili chopped
- 3 green onions sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
If your chicken wings are whole, cut them into 3 pieces at the joints and discard wing tips.
Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl or ziploc bag and whisk.
Add the wings to the marinade, toss them around and make sure they are fully covered in the marinade.
Refrigerate over night, or at least for an hour.
Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
Place the wings on the baking sheet, don't discard the marinade. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, brush with remaining sauce, then place back in the oven and bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes.
Garnish with green onions, sliced chili, sesame seeds and serve hot.
- Transfer leftover wings to an airtight container. They will last in the fridge for 4 days. You can reheat them in the microwave, or pop them back into the oven at 375F for about 10 minutes or until they're heated through.
- You can also freeze these. Cooked wings are good for 6 months frozen. You can reheat them straight from the freezer either in the microwave, or in the oven at 375F for 15-20 minutes.
Calories: 468kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 1824mg | Potassium: 435mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 442IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 3mg