Add to Collection
Go to Collections
This restaurant quality Butter Chicken will blow your mind! Never have you been able to replicate this favorite classic dish so accurately before. With a few secret ingredients and simple step-by-step instructions, your family will be begging to have this recipe added to the weekly rotation.
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 2 lb chicken breast boneless and skinless, cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp coriander ground
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 3 tomatoes cut into small pieces
- 4 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped for garnish
Season chicken: Add half the garlic and ginger to the chicken, 1 tbsp of the coriander powder, 1/2 tbsp chili powder and salt. Mix everything until all the chicken is fully coated.
Cook chicken: Heat up the oil in a large skillet to which you will add the prepared chicken. Cook the chicken for about 5 minutes then remove it from the skillet.
Start sauce: In the same skillet add the cumin seeds, onion and remaining garlic and ginger and saute for a couple minutes, until the onion is transparent. Add a couple cups of water to the skillet and stir. Add the cashew nuts, the remaining coriander powder, remaining red chili powder, jalapeno, the tomatoes and stir well.
Blend: Let the sauce cook slowly over medium low heat, covered for about 20 minutes. Let the sauce cool for about 5 minutes before pouring it in a blender and blend it until it's nice and smooth. Pour the sauce back in the skillet. Add another cup of water, the butter and stir. Stir in the ketchup and sugar as well. Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt as needed.
Finish: Stir in the cream, the chicken and garam masala. Cook the sauce with the chicken for another 10 minutes.
Serve: Garnish with fresh parsley and serve over rice.
- Half and half is a simple blend of equal parts whole milk and light cream. It averages 12% fat.
- Nutritional information does not include rice.
- Red Food coloring - Completely optional. This is how restaurants get that nice red color for the sauce. Completely optional but realize you won't get that red color otherwise, the tomatoes alone won't create that rich red color.
- Transfer leftovers to an airtight container and store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 399kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 441mg | Potassium: 897mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1546IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 2mg