Add to Collection
Go to Collections
This Chef Salad is healthy and delicious that's perfect for lunch or dinner with a homemade dressing and the perfect meal for under 30 minutes.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp sugar granulated
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 boston lettuce chopped
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup carrots grated
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup ham chopped
- 4 slices bacon fried and chopped
- 1/2 english cucumber sliced
- 6 green onions chopped
- 6 cherry tomatoes quartered or halved
- 4 eggs hard boiled
Make the dressing: Add all the dressing ingredients to a bowl and whisk until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Finish the salad: Add all the salad ingredients to a bowl and toss everything together. Drizzle with the dressing, toss and serve. Alternatively, you can arrange the ingredients in rows as seen in the pictures with the lettuce as a base.
- To get perfect hard boiled eggs all the time, add your eggs eggs to a saucepan, cover with at least 2 inches of cold water. Bring the water to a full boiling, you should see big boiling bubbles, turn off the heat and cover the pot. Keep the saucepan on the burner for about 10 to 12 minutes. At this point I like to run cold water over the eggs and peel them under the tap, this way it's easy to peel the eggs and you get perfectly peeled eggs every single time.
- Adding a bit of salt or vinegar to your water for the eggs, will prevent the eggs from cracking while cooking.
- Your chef salad can last anywhere between 1-5 days. Depending on if you have already dressed the salad or not, is a factor. Undressed salad will keep for a few days longer, typically 3-5 days, than if the salad already has the dressing incorporated.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 544kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 228mg | Sodium: 995mg | Potassium: 553mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 5114IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 223mg | Iron: 3mg